About Our School
At Volunteer State Virtual Academy (VSVA), your child can learn in the ways that are right for them—at home, on the road, or wherever there’s an internet connection.
Benefits of Online Schooling with TNVA
While the benefits of a personalized education experience will be different for each student, some of the main advantages TNVA families enjoy are as follows:
- Public school at home empowers families to control their school environment.
- Students work at their own pace, adjusting the amount of time they spend on topics based on their rate of understanding.
- Online school allows families to balance learning with other commitments such as work, extracurricular activities, or family responsibilities.
- Learning online helps students expand their understanding as students from various backgrounds come together in virtual classrooms to exchange ideas and perspectives.
- Online learning hones digital literacy skills, a crucial competence in the modern workforce.
TNVA at a Glance
Open to full-time, Tennessee residents in grades K–9 (enrolling through grade 8)
Personalized approach to education
Rigorous, highly interactive curriculum
Advanced Learner Program
Field Trips and Social Events
Teacher Spotlight Video
Heather has been an educator for 17 years and currently teaches 6th grade environmental science at Tennessee Virtual Academy. Learn more about her teaching experience at TNVA.
The Support You and Your Student Need
Our teachers are committed to helping your family succeed with online learning. They provide instruction and support as your child works through the curriculum. And they keep the lines of communication open through:
ONLINE “CLASS CONNECT” SESSIONS
ONLINE AND IN-PERSON ACTIVITIES
You’ll also receive textbooks and other hands-on education materials delivered right to your door! These offline materials complement the interactive online elements of the lessons and vary by grade and course.